DEPARTMENT of SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Early Childhood Development And Partial Care
Ref No: DSD 2015-309
Closing Date: 17 August 2015
Job Details: (Required)
Tracking Number: DSD 2015-309
Job Title: Administrative Officer: Early Childhood Development and Partial Care (3 positions available), Ref No. DSD 2015-309
Department: Social Development
Salary level: 7
Reporting To: Ms J Kruger at (021) 483 4238
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ three qualified individuals to render administrative support to the programme. These persons must be high level in-house advisors with a highly developed interpretive and conceptualisation and formulation ability.
This position is based in Cape Town, Early Childhood Development and Partial Care Unit.
• A recognised 3 year B-degree/ Diploma (or equivalent qualification)
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
Key Performance Areas:
• Manage the engagement with NPOs on all relevant issues pertaining to progress reports, source documents and logistically coordinate stakeholder meetings with NPOs and Regions
• To ensure horizontal and vertical alignment with programme offices and other relevant Departments and institutions such as the Auditor-General, Internal Control, and Internal Audit units
Assist with the following:
• The implementation and quality assurance of the contents of relevant NPO File Plans
• Administrative process of registering facilities/programmes as per prescripts Social Welfare legislation
• Programme with the administrative processes of NPO contract management (TPAs) and the compiling of TPAs
• Development of operational reviews and review of sub-directorate line function operations
• Provide high level administrative support to the Line Function Programme Manager namely
• Evaluation of programme performance
• Administrative support and collection and verification of NFD information
• Reporting on findings
Knowledge of the following:
• NDF processes applicable to the social welfare
• Contract Management
• Modern Systems of governance and administration
• A high level in-house advisor
• Strong conceptual and formulation skill
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
• Computer literacy
• Strategic thinking
Remuneration: R 196 278 – R 231 210 per annum
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.