Closing Date: 29 November 2015
Job Title: Estimator
Department: Operations - Properties
Reporting To Position: Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Kuils River
An opportunity for an Estimator has become available in our Operations: Properties team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for analysing equipment requirements, compiling costings, ordering and receiving of equipment and anylysing cost trends within the properties department.
If you have 1-2 years’ experience working as an Estimator and working knowledge of WinQs, this could be the job that you are looking for. Experience working as an Estimator in a retail environment would be to your advantage.
- A Certificate/Diploma in Cost & Estimation or equivalent.
- Having completed a Revit course is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the National Building Regulations
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements/Contracts
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail
- Deadline-driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels
1. Costing Process - Compile projected project costings through:
• Gathering of proposals, blueprint, specifications and related document.
• Analysing of information and identifying material, time and cost requirements.
• Evaluating product cost effectiveness and profitability.
• Setting up and maintaining of a cost database.
2. Supplier management - Manage the relationship with equipment suppliers through:
• Obtaining quotations in line with authorised costing
• Ordering of goods
• Negotiating delivery dates with suppliers
• Follow-up on discrepancies - Goods not delivered, incorrect quantities received.
3. Reporting - Compiling, analysis and interpretation of:
• Purchasing trends
• Competitor reports
• Benchmarking – Supplier, product, service deliverers’ evaluation.
• Conducting post project analysis through estimation vs actual projects cost and prepare cost and expenditure statements