Use X-LOCAL SA for TOP JOBS IN SOUTH AFRICA
Department: Marketing: Visual Merchandising
Reporting To Position: Manager
Job Type Classification: Internship
Closing Date: 14 August 2015
Location: Kuilsriver, Western Cape
Six months can define your future career…
At Ackermans we help our Interns find their feet and future direction. Energetic, ambitious and qualified youth can look forward to a phenomenal learning experience.
Hands-on experience in a thriving Retail Business, with exposure to successful business practices and people alike. An Ackermans Internship will give you the opportunity to:
• Be exposed to the Retail Industry
• Explore your interests and gain working knowledge of future career possibilities
• Develop you work ethic and corporate brand
• Build relationships that will stand your future in good steed
• Recent Graduate with a Diploma or Degree in Fashion or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A resilient self-starter with the ability to work well within a team
• Good organizational and planning abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound administrative skills
• Flexible and tenacious with the ability to thrive under pressure
• Good learning orientation
• Projects – Assist the Visual Merchandising (VM) team with current VM projects, i.e collect samples, collate information, ect.
• Administration – Assist with VM activities. This includes, amongst others, setting up of window displays, placing orders, liaising with suppliers, collating and sending VM training packs to stores.
• Research – Conduct VM research. this includes competitor reseach, current VM practices, ect
• Adhoc duties.
In terms of the Ackermans policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.