3 x Positions Available
Tracking Number: TPW 2015-241
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Transport and Public Works
Salary level: 5
Closing Date: 26 August 2015
Reporting To: Ms T Davids at (021) 483 5882
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ skilled individuals to render transversal financial and administration support to the Immovable Asset Management Chief Directorate at the Department of Transport and Public Works. The successful candidates must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. These positions are based in Cape Town.
• Grade 12 (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification).
• A minimum of 1 year administrative experience.
Key Performance Areas:
• Procurement of Chief Directorate
• Assist with the issuing and control of all stock such as cameras, laptops, projectors, recorders etc
• Assist with the annual inventory of movable assets with the Chief Directorate
• Render a secretariat function for various committee and staff meeting
• Financial duties
• Compiling of payments for processing and signature
• Registering and updating of payments on SITS
• Accurately capture payments on BAS
• Render general financial support to Chief Directorate
• GG Vehicles
• Ensure that the vehicles are clean
• Ensure that the GG vehicles are serviced and maintained when required.
Knowledge of the following:
• Administration of GG vehicles
• Minute taking
• Verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Problem solving skills
• Planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
R 132 399 - R 155 961 per annum.
To Apply, click on the 'APPLY ONLINE' button further down on this page
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.