DIRECTORATE: Utility Services
DEPARTMENT: Solid Waste Management
SALARY: R118 520 Per Annum T5
REFERENCE NUMBER: SWM 47/15 Ext
CLOSING DATE: 04.12.2015
ELIGIBILITY: All Candidates – EE Candidates will be
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Supervisory Skills
- Code C or EC drivers licence essential with a valid PRDP
- Operational requirements would require the successful candidate to be prepared to work on a work schedule consisting of 40 hrs per week over six (6) days.
Key Performance Areas:
- Check and test vehicles pre and post service maintenance/ repairs by conducting safety inspection test of all operating devices and records outcomes on safety inspection schedule.
- Checking condition of specific high morality parts and / or makes assessment on replacement requirements.
- Preparing job cards detailing repairs / replacement requirements for approval.
- Testing specific categories of vehicles post maintenance / repair
- Reporting deviations to immediate superior and / or process with further investigation procedures aimed at locating and rectifying fault (s)
- Performing all activities and sequences associated with mechanical maintenance and repair of earth moving equipment and vehicles to ensure adequate support is made available during maintenance and repairs work and task executed.
- Cleaning and greasing of Earth moving equipment.
How to Apply:
Please forward a comprehensive CV and covering letter, including a copy of your Identity Document, to the relevant e-mail address as indicated at the bottom of this post,
or alternatively hand deliver your application to:
The Human Resources Employment Counter,
2nd Floor, Tower Block,
12 Hertzog Boulevard,
Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing and that copies of supporting documents will not be returned. Please quote the Reference Number of the vacancy in all communications. Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request. Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.